NEC Scandinavia AB ("NEC" or, as appropriate, in the context, "we", "us" or "our") is committed to respecting and protecting the personal data of individuals and is always working to further enhance and strengthen data protection from a full range of perspectives.
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children.
This Policy was last updated on December 7, 2020. However, the Policy can change over time, for example to comply with legal requirements or to meet changing business needs. In case there is an important change that we want to highlight to you, we will also inform you in another appropriate way.
Who is the Data Controller for the processing of personal data?
NEC has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you believe your personal data has been used in a way that is not consistent with this Policy or your choices, please contact the Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
NEC Scandinavia AB
Kronborgsgränd 1, 164 46, Kista, Sweden
We may ask you to provide personal data when you:
- Use our websites
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers, training or information
- Place orders for products or services or register for events
- Create and manage an account
- Participate in surveys or other promotional activities online or in any other venue
- Provide a testimonial
- Subscribe to NEC newsletters, marketing and promotional emails or other materials
- Contact us
Personal Data we collect about you
Data you provide to us
The types of personal data that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and may include:
- Contact Data: including your work address, email address and telephone numbers
- Identity Data: including your name, last name, username or similar identifier, title
- Marketing and Communications Data: including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
- Profile Data: including information collected progressively when you visit our site including your referral website, pages you visit, actions you take, patterns of page visits and information from forms you fill in
- Technical Data: includes information collected when you access our Website or client knowledge portal, your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you are using
- Usage Data: information about how you use our Website
- Events Data: includes educational, employment and professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements, and photo
- Payment information: such as credit or debit card number or billing information
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us: including information that you send to customer support and messages, appointment inquiries and other information that you wish us to share with our exhibitors, visitors and business partners
- Recruiting information: if you submit us your job application and you further agree to participate in a selection procedure we may collect and process contact information that you provide us such as your name, email address and phone number, date of birth, passport or identifying card data, nationality, image, academic and professional data and job history to manage and administer the application and carry out our selection procedures, or to comply with any relevant legal or regulatory obligations (e.g. non-discrimination regulations). We may also access to the public information included in your professional social network profiles. We will ensure that this processing is proportionate to the purposes outlined above.
We will never collect any special categories of personal data about you through our website (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, genetic and biometric data, or any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not legally considered personal data because it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
Data from other sources
We also may obtain personal data about you from our group companies and from other third parties, including:
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities or for targeted advertising purposes
- We may also supplement personal data we collect with personal data obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties to create customised profiles about you
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold. We will ensure that this processing is proportionate to the purposes outlined above
Data from Service use
Our Service may automatically collect personal data about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service
- For location-aware Services, your location, such as where you are located on the event floor
How we use your personal data
Depending on how you interact with us and Services, we use your personal data to:
- Deliver the products, solutions, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the service
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download or other transaction
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure
- Facilitate communications from Business Partners
- Customize, analyse and improve our products, solutions, services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you
- Better understand our customers and online users, including profiling based on interests and interactions with our site
- Personalize content and implement your preferences
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and separate contracts (if applicable) with you
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses, and our products or services
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service and your interests
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties, such as exhibitors, sponsors and media partners
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
Legal Basis of processing personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal data as described in this Policy will depend on the Personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your personal data on one or more of the following basis:
- Your consent, for example where we have obtained your consent to process your personal data for certain activities. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the Personal Data that we would like to process and the reason, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com. If you withdraw your consent, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before you withdrew it. Where applicable, we may ask for your consent to processing at the point where you provide your personal data.
- To comply with a contractual obligation. We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your information.
- For compliance with NEC’s legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your personal data or where we need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- NEC’s legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, we only rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
Sharing your Personal Data
To respond to your inquires, process orders, to keep you informed about your order status, or to share knowledge about an issue or to be able to propose suitable jobs within NEC Group, we may share information you provide through this website with one or more of our affiliates throughout the world. We also share information provided by our website, or generated by your use of our website (or both), with service providers that have been retained to perform services on our behalf or on behalf of our affiliate. Please note that some affiliates and third parties may be located in countries outside of the EEA that do not have data protection laws that are equivalent to those of your country.
However, we take adequate measures to ensure that your Personal Data will at all times be protected in accordance with applicable regulations. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be obtained for your review upon request to us using the contact details below.
Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to disclose your Personal Data to the applicable law enforcement authorities. We will disclose your personal information if required by law, upon receipt of a court order or subpoena, to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation or if we otherwise believe disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement authorities any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
Retention of Your Data
We retain your Personal Data only so long as it is required for purposes for which it was collected, whilst keeping it as up-to-date as possible and making sure that irrelevant or excessive data is deleted or made anonymous as soon as reasonably practicable. For more information, please consult NEC Group Retention Policy.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to exercise your data protection rights?
You have the following rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Data and to obtain a copy of that Personal Data.
Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data about you and for any incomplete Personal Data about you to be completed.
Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Data (subject to certain conditions).
Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Data so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
Portability: you have the right to receive your Personal Data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable data protection law.
NEC Scandinavia AB
Kronborgsgränd 1, 164 46, Kista, Sweden
104 20 Stockholm
Drottninggatan 29, plan 5
Telefon: 08-657 61 00
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal data, please write to us at the address listed below.
NEC Europe Ltd.
Attn.: Legal & Governance. Data Protection Officer
Athene, Odyssey Business Park, West End Road, South Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 6QE
London, United Kingdom